Ethiopian Cargo and Logistics Services provides high quality air freight service for your live animal around the world. Rely on our service to ensure the welfare of your Live animals.
Why we are chosen?
- Temperature controlled warehouse
- Proper feeding and care
- Handle and transport per IATA Live Animal regulation
- Live Animal room at our hub in Addis Ababa
- Meet all local government health, convention on international trade endangered of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)
- Dedicated and Trained staff to handle Live Animal
- Provide safe, tender and professional care at all times both on scheduled and charter flights
Travelling with Pets Guideline
Pursuant to our discussion at the embassy, here below is a short guide line for all travellers who are planning Pets as Cargo or Excess baggage or Cabin over all.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions :
- What is the policy to transport Pets with Ethiopian Airlines?
- Pets (cats and dogs) as defined in current passenger tariffs. when in a container and accompanied by a passenger or shipped as Cargo, may be carried in cabin or baggage compartment.
- Ethiopian accepts Dog or Cat into the cabin with limited number per compartment (2 in Economy class and 1 in business class) with a box measuring dimensions not more than 55X40X20cms and does
not exceed 8kgs including transport container.
- Dog or Cat contained in boxes larger than 55X40X20cms dimension, shall not be accepted in cabin and therefore shall be loaded in belly.
- Ethiopian accepts Dog or Cat as excess baggage to be for transport via Passenger Terminal if the dog and its kennel in gross weight is less than 32 kg.
- In the event where the Pet qualifies for transport inside the cabin or as Excess baggage, please contact nearest ticket office or Passenger Sales office with the below
- PET that is more than 32 KG shall be transported as cargo per cargo procedure
- What are the documents required to transport Pets from Addis Ababa to USA ?
How should I request a booking from Ethiopian Airlines for Pet travelling as Cargo?
How Does Ethiopian Airlines Charges Pets transported as Cargo?
- Veterinary certificate must be solicited from Ministry of Ethiopian Agriculture.
- Health Certificate
- Export Permit
- Import Permit or Passport
- Tracker ID : optional
How Does Ethiopian Airlines Cargo charge for Pets travelling as Cargo?
- Ethiopian Airlines Charges basing chargeable weight which is either Volumetric weight calculated from Cage dimensions or Gross weight whichever is higher will be taken to bill and provide you the invoice;
Example: Dog weight = 15kg kennel weight 35 kg = Gross weight in this case = 50 kg
Volumetric weight = Kennel dimensions: 121 * 62 * 87 CM/6000 = 108.7 kg
In this case: Volumetric weight will be taken to charge the invoice bill
- Rate will be in per Kg basis and will be quoted from Cargo sales office with the below address:
- Rate will be as per the below Per each flight and Airway bill to be booked.
- Payment will be with Ethiopian Birr per the official date exchange rate set by Ethiopian Commercial Bank.
- To keep the convenience of your pet, you can come 01 day before departure at Cargo terminal along with the pets with cages and finalize formalities and payment return back 03 hours before departure to deliver them
for transportation at Cargo Terminal: Below Direction for Cargo terminal Addis Ababa: